Federal and State Grants

Printer-friendly version

Federal Pell Grants are awarded to eligible students with exceptional financial need who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree. For 2013-2014 Federal Pell Grants for full-time students range up to to $5,645. Federal Pell Grants are available to eligible students enrolled on a part-time basis.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) are awarded to Pell-eligible students who have the greatest financial need. Awards range from $200 to $2,000 in 2013-2014.

The Vermont State Grant Program, administered by Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) provides full-time and part-time grants to eligible Vermont residents who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree. Full time awards ranged from $350 to $10,750 in 2013-2014. VSAC also administers a grant program for non-matriculated students.

If you are a Vermont resident, the Vermont State Grant Application should be submitted online Visit VSAC as soon as possible after January 1.

PO Box 999
Winooski VT 0540
800-798-8722 or 802-655-4050

Other State Grants

Many states offer grants to students who do not have a prior undergraduate degree that can be used at Burlington College. Some states allow their grants to be used at out-of-state institutions. Please inquire at your high school or state agency for awards and application procedures.


Financial Aid at Burlington College
351 North Avenue
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Phone: 800-862-9616
Fax: 802-660-4331
finaidatburlington [dot] edu