- About Burlington College
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
Graduate Student Services
Requesting Materials for Purchase
The Library Director welcomes recommendations from faculty, staff and students for the purchase of books, audiovisuals, periodicals and other library materials. Please check the library catalog to determine whether or not the Library already owns the title before sending an order. Pick up a "Recommend a Purchase" form at the Library Circulation desk or contact the Library Director (923-2138).
- Provide as much information as possible about an order request. Include author, title, ISBN, publisher, price, and date of publication.
- Attach descriptive material to the request when it is available.
- Return completed order requests to the Library Director or to the Circulation desk in the Library.
Using a College or University Library near you
In an effort to supplement your library resources Burlington College will pay for a GUEST Borrower or Friends of the Library Card at a College or University Library near you. Each Library has different circulation polices but it will allow you quick access to materials for the semester.
Accessing Electronic Resources from Off-Campus
Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff of the Burlington College have access to subscription electronic resources, from any computer, connected through any Internet Service Provider.
- If you are working from a computer connected to the BC campus network, you will be allowed access to electronic resources via IP recognition - no authentication is required.
- If you are connected to the Internet through an outside service provider, links to electronic resources on BC Libraries web pages will direct you to authorize yourself with your itburlington [dot] edu (NetID and Password) and then pass you through proxy server software (EZProxy) to the electronic resource where you will have full access to the subscription.
- Your NetID and password will continue to provide you access to electronic resources for six months after you leave the college.
If you have problems:
For problems with access to electronic resources, send email to jallardburlington [dot] edu (the Library Director), or contact Jessica Allard (802-923-2138) Please include as much information as possible in your query. Especially important in helping us troubleshoot are:
Make sure your browser:
- Is set to accept cookies.
- What link(s) you followed to access the resource, including page URL(s) if possible
- What error message you are getting
- How you are connected to the internet, e.g. on-campus wired or wireless network, other Internet Service Provider
- What browser and operating system you are using
Place an Item Hold
Placing a hold on an item will put your name on a requester list. The item will be held after the borrower returns the book and after all recall requests for the book have been satisfied. Please note that a hold will not generate a notice to the borrower and will not shorten the due date.
- Login into the library catalog.
Your Username is your : BC ID Number, this can be found on your BC ID
Forgot your password contact the jallardburlington [dot] edu (Library Director)
- Search for the item
- Once you have found the item you are looking for click RESERVE.
The item will be placed on hold for ten days.