- About Burlington College
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Student Life
Ready for your next step? Want to start college early? And get your first year free?
You can do that here! Burlington College is the only private Vermont college authorized to offer the Early College Program.
What is the Early College Program?
The Early College Program allows Vermont high school juniors to complete high school while earning a full year of college credit. And, participating students earn college credits tuition-free!
Enrolling in the Early College Program:
- reduces the time it takes to get a degree,
- reduces the costs associated with higher education,
- and challenges you with a college-level curriculum.
Accepted students can enroll in any courses offered, given that you meet the specified course requirements. All grades and assessments acquired through the Early College Program become part of your official college transcript.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Early College Program, if you:
- are a Vermont high school student who attends a publicly funded school, including a Vermont Career Technical Center,
- are a State of Vermont Home Study Student, or
- attend an independent high school and are publicly funded by your hometown.
You can take up to 30 credits in 2 semesters tuition-free. You are still responsible for the cost of books and any applicable fees. The Early College Program is made possible by theVermont Flexible Pathways Initiative.
How do I apply?
- Download the application.
- Provide recommendation letter of guidance counselor or parent (if a homeschooler).
- Send us your official High School transcript(s).
- SAT or ACT scores, recommended but not required.
> Download the Early College Program Fact Sheet
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Stephen St. Onge
Dean of the College and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
sstongeburlington [dot] edu