The Continuing Legal Education program is an integral part of Burlington College’s Cuba Program. The seven-day course is open to all legal professionals interested in learning about the Cuban legal system and its comparison to the U.S. legal system. Members of the bar and bench as well as current law school faculty and students are invited to enroll in this Cuba Program CLE course. All participants will engage in people-to-people exchanges with Cuban legal professionals through workshops, presentations, court visits and interactive discussions.
Earn 20 hours of CLE credit (including two ethics credits) through interactive workshops
and presentations jointly hosted by Cuban and U.S. legal professionals and covering topics including:
- Environmental Law
- Criminal Law
- Cuban Legal System
- Constitutional Law
- Family Law
- Economic and Financial Law
- Electoral System
- Cuban Judicial System
- Trade and Foreign Investment
Trip Dates: October 11-19, 2014
Tution and Fees: $3,300
- Earn 20 CLE credits (including two ethics credits).
- Visits to courts and law offices in Havana, Cuba.
- The opportunity to share and exchange professional experiences and ideas with Cuban legal professionals.
- Guided legal tour of Havana, including Old Havana, the Plaza de la Revolucion and the Historic Oceanfront sea wall.
- Opportunity to visit Havana Law School and meet with faculty members.
- Day trip to nearby cities to visit local courts.
Cuba Program at Burlington College
351 North Avenue
Burlington, Vermont 05401
E-mail: jcarterburlington [dot] edu