Lead Faculty and Site Director of the Vermont Woodworking School
- BFA 3-d design/sculpture, Marywood University, Scranton PA
- MFA – Fine Woodworking and Furniture Design, RIT, School for American Crafts, Rochester NY.
Areas you teach:
Fine woodworking and furniture design
- Best in show, single contemporary piece, Baltimore Fine Furnishings 2010, Baltimore MD
- Best in show, overall booth, Fine Furniture and Woodworking Festival 2010, Woodstock VT
- Peoples Choice Award, single piece, Fine Furniture and Woodworking Festival 2010, Woodstock VT
- 500 tables: Inspiring Interpretations of Function and Style, Lark Books, 2009
Current Place of Residence:
bbrightburlington [dot] edu (Email)
I am a formally trained Artist, Craftsman, designer and woodworker . Originally from Pennsylvania. While studying Sculpture and Three Dimensional design as an undergraduate, I became fascinated by wood as a material and the endless possibilities within Furniture Design. After completing my BFA I was accepted in to the masters program at the School for American Crafts at RIT. I studied with Richard Newman, Rich Tannen and Andy Buck. After graduation I did some travelling and ended up in Vermont. I took a job with a successful furniture company in Northfield, VT Building high end corporate executive furniture for fortune 500 companies. I worked there for 4 years while I bought a house and built my shop. In 2009 I started Bright Studio Furniture. These days most of my time is spent Teaching. When I am not at school I can be found in my one man shop designing and building one of a kind studio furniture. For me woodworking is much more than a job, it is an obsession. I merge contemporary artistic style with traditional woodworking technique to create unique, heirloom quality furniture and furnishings.