Once accepted, students are assigned an Academic Advisor who will evaluate their existing credits for transfer, and will assist with the development of their degree plan.
Degrees eligible for distance learning:
- BA, Human Services
- BA, Integral Psychology
- BA, Writing and Literature
- BA, Individualized Major
- BA, International Relations & Diplomacy
- BA, Legal and Justice Studies
- BA, Media Activism
- BA, Study of the Americas
Other distance learning options:
- AA, Liberal Studies
- Certificate, Event Planning
- MA, Individualized Studies
Application Requirements for Bachelors Degrees:
- Writing Sample: a typed, double-spaced 5-7 page writing sample, preferably a research paper or essay from a previous college course. This writing sample is in addition to the application essay. Please note: In order for your writing sample to be considered for placement out of one of our required writing courses, please submit a 10-12 page research paper.
- Official transcript(s) from previous institution(s) should be submitted along with the application. An unofficial transcript should be submitted if there is a delay in getting an official transcript.
- 2 letters of recommendation that speak to the applicant’s ability to work independently and be a self-directed learner. At least one of these letters should be from an academic reference.
- Phone interview with Distance Learning Advisor and Admissions Counselor will be conducted after application is reviewed.
Download the Application Form 
For more information about this and other Burlington College programs, please contact:
Admissions Office at Burlington College
351 North Avenue
Burlington, Vermont 05401
E-mail: admissionsburlington [dot] edu