Burlington College students are an amazing group — a diverse mix of individuals from around the globe, across the country and from right down the street—all with different backgrounds, aspirations, gifts and goals. Our students want a voice in their educational journey. They are creative and community-minded, but they want to make their mark on the world. Burlington College's mission is to guide our students to become skillful and reflective practitioners, lifelong learners, and active citizens engaged in fostering a just, humane society and sustainable, beautiful communities.
Just a few of the reasons our students choose Burlington College:
- We are a small college, where they feel they don't get lost in masses.
- Our Individualized Studies give them the academic freedom to explore their interests and passions.
- Our discussion-based classes provide plenty of opportunities for their voices to heard.
- They enjoy our alternative learning environment. Instead of cramming for an exam at the end of each semester, our students meet one-on-one with their instructors to discuss what they have learned and to receive their instructors evaluation of their overall progress over the semester and their individual contributions to the classroom.
- They want the individual attention that it is hard to find elsewhere.
Fine Arts & Photography
Film & Documentary Studies
Social Sciences & Humanities
351 North Avenue
Burlington, Vermont 05401
E-mail: admissionsburlington [dot] edu