The Burlington College Vermont First Scholarship is an academic merit based scholarship awarded to any first-year student who graduates as one of the top two academically ranked students from an accredited Vermont high school. The scholarship covers 100% of tuition for first year students and is renewable for 50% of tuition for three additional years as long as the student meets the scholarship eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Must be a Vermont state resident as defined by Vermont Student Assistance Corporation.
- Must have pursued an academically rigorous high school curriculum.
- Must apply for admissions and state and federal financial aid.
- The scholarship covers 100% of tuition (not including fees, books and housing) less other gift aid including federal and state grants, scholarships, employer tuition benefits, and VA educational benefits. The scholarship will be calculated into the overall financial aid package.
- Must provide documentation of class rank.
- Must be full time enrolled.
- Must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Must be a current year graduate of a public or private high school approved by the Vermont Board of Education.